We are proud to announce that Migrante Europe will be holding its founding congress on 9-12 December 2016 in Rome, Italy. It will be attended by affiliate members of Migrante International as well as new applicants which will form the founding members of our regional chapter.
Theme: “Buuin ang pagkakaisa para ipaglaban ang mga karapatan at kagalingan ng mga migrante sa Europa, at isulong ang tunay at makabuluhang pagbabago sa inang bayan.” Forge a stronger unity to fight for democratic rights and interests of migrants in Europe;struggle for genuine and lasting change in the homeland.
The Founding Congress has the following objectives:
- Consolidate our ranks through country and/or city reports and sharing of Migrante International member organizations.
- Discuss and thresh out current issues we face as migrants and refugees in Europe.
- Discuss issues in the Philippines which are affecting Filipino migrants and refugees in Europe and families in the homefront.
- Draft and unite on a General Programme of Action, Coordinated Campaign plan and European-wide projects, addressing issues in Europe and in the homefront.
- Elect the regional committee and officers and appoint its secretariat.
In line with this, we would like to request either a video (3 to 5 minutes) or written solidarity message from your organisation to mark this truly historic event. Your messages will be shown and read during the congress proceedings.
Please if you could kindly send your solidarity messages on or before 7 December 2016.
Below are the rationale and aims and objectives of Migrante Europe for your perusal.
We look forward to receiving your messages!
Migrante Europe Prep Com